Laser Surgery FAQs at Nall Hills Animal Hospital
Submitting a beloved pet for surgery is never a happy or comfortable prospect for owners. If you've been asking yourself, "How can an Overland Park vet near me make this experience as painless as possible for my pet?", then you'll want to learn about laser surgery at Nall Hills Animal Hospital. That's why we've prepared our own laser surgery FAQ page to help you understand some of the basic points of this state-of-the-art technology -- and how they can help your pet enjoy an easier surgical experience.
- How does a surgical laser work? The laser used by your Overland Park veterinarian at Nall Hills Animal Hospital is a CO2 surgical laser. This advanced technology emits an invisible beam that vaporizes tissue on contact with extraordinary precision.
- Why does laser surgery produce less bleeding than traditional surgery? A surgical laser is capable of sealing off blood vessels as it makes incisions. This cauterizing effect allows for far less surgical and post-operative bleeding than is possible for scalpel-based surgery. The extra precision of the laser beam also helps us control the exact width and depth of the incision.
- Why is laser surgery easier to recover from than standard surgical techniques? Unlike standard instruments, which may bruise or crush tissues at the incision site, a surgical laser never places any pressure on the tissue. This leaves healthier tissues that can heal faster and more efficiently, with much less post-operative pain and swell for your Overland, Kansas pet.
- What kinds of conditions are commonly treated with laser surgery? Laser surgery is a great choice for a variety of conditions that require removing or cutting through tissue. Examples include ear or eyelid procedures, removal of masses for biopsy purposes, tumor excision, orthopedic reconstructive surgery and oral surgery.
- Can my Overland Park vet spay or neuter my pet using laser surgery? Yes, any Overland Park vet at our clinic can use laser surgery to spay and neuter your pet as quickly, easily and comfortably as possible.
- Are other aspects of my pet's procedure performed under traditional surgical conditions? Yes, your pet will still receive general anesthesia, with careful monitoring of his vital signs throughout the surgery. We will also instruct you on any necessary pre-operative and post-operative measures, just as we would for traditional surgery.
- Now that I know an Overland Park vet near me offers laser surgery, how do I find out whether it's the right choice for my pet? The next logical step is to call our Overland Park, Kansas clinic for a consultation with one of our veterinarians. We will give you all the counseling and education you need to make the best decision for your best friend.
Learn More from Our Overland Park Veterinarian
Ready to learn more about the amazing advantages of pet laser surgery? Call Nall Hills Animal Hospital at (913) 341-8836 today to get all the answers!